According to Purplesec, There are over 6,000 entities and individuals that experience ransomware attacks. That also means it happens every 14 seconds.
This does not affect individuals but most especially it affects and threatened businesses. 32% of businesses are infected by ransomware that causes the company to lose data access for days or more.
Yet, many among us are still finds it a mystery and unfamiliar with even the term ransomware and malware.
The insidious nature of ransomware infections is that Ransomware relies on YOU to help them do their damage
- Your trusting nature: trust, but verify!
- Your curiosity: just don’t click!
- Your desire to save: pay for credible
- Your internet surfing abilities: stick with
STOP ransomware in its tracks
A ransomware attack can be stopped. Here are a few ways to protect yourself and your computer from them.
- Don’t open suspicious emails
- Don’t click on suspicious links or attachments
- Don’t visit sketchy websites
- Don’t download “free” software
Ransomware is lurking around your industry
It affects lots of industries, from professional services to healthcare
- Professional services
- Public administration
- Information technologies
- Mining and utilities
7 PROACTIVE WEAPONS against ransomware attacks
- Back up your data daily
- Allow approved workflow applications
- Keep applications updated
- Use a business-class firewall
- Install email filtering
- Educate yourself about ransomware
- Implement an enterprise-level antivirus solution